The Kitchen Desk
The kitchen desk is essential in all homes. Think of how many times you've need a pen, piece of paper or a pair of scissors to do some activity happening the kitchen. Some of us are fortunate enough to have a built-in workspace. But for those of us who don’t, I suggest transforming a drawer, cabinet oropen counter space into your "kitchen office" to stock the items listed below.
- Pad of Paper – to write recipes and grocery lists
- Pens and Pencils – for labeling and writing
- Sharpies – to label items like zip-lock bags
- Calculator – to use for calculations and measurements
- White Labels - for labeling
- Scissors/Shears – to clip coupons, prep flower arrangements… you name it
- Zippered Storage Bag – to keep loose items together
- Small box of binder clips – great for clipping items together and closing small baggies
- Post-its notes - for reminders
- A copy of The HouseBook Journal - to hold all information that pertains to your house in one easy to find location.
If space is limited try storing these items in a file box in a cabinet or under the sink. Preparedness and accessibility is key in running an organized home.
These basic office items incorporated into the kitchen will solve many a domestic bind.